Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Citizen Kane

I believe that the filming was outstanding throughout Citizen Kane. It really seemed like something new and original, and it seems like it almost paved the way for future movies. It may or may not be that influential, but none the less its very unique. The scenes where they literally took out the floor boards just for that angle seemed very well shot. I feel the whole flow of angles weren't always new, but some just jumped out at you. The way he entered through the gate at the start, where they then craned down into a dinner table, seemed very creative. It was a cool new way to look at it and it was also a very good transition from one scene to the other. I also enjoyed the pan over all of Kane's possessions at the end. They shot it well enough to get the image that, Kane was seriously rich and that he owned a ton of stuff. Overall, i would say that he was very unique and different and it a cool way to view the film.

4 comments:

topsy krets said...

finch great post man, i really liked your opions alot, keep the good work up

anna said...

Claytor, great post! I agree the filming of this movie was just grand, even for such an old movie. I don't think it should on the top 100 though.

Laura said...

Fincheroooo!

nice post, I agree that the filming and cinemetography was pretty outstanding for it's time. I think though that the angles actually do play a bigger part than you had observed...

Matt said...

CLayton, I couldnt agree with your review any more. the filming was incredible for its time period and some shots stood out alot. One of my favorite shots was also the overhead pan of all Kane's belongings.